We start the show off by talking about which version of SharePoint is most popular. And because we are quick learners, we use the tried and true method of “#4 Will Shock You” to make the article as click-bait as possible. Then, we make fun of the tactic because that is what we do. I will save you the click here and just tell you the answer: SharePoint 2016 is the most popular. But you will have to watch the show to find out about numbers 1, 2 and 3. See what I did there? ;)
With the click-bait done, we then dive into our usual love of PowerShell and the release of the new SharePoint Online management cmdlets. Speaking of new, we also discuss Azure AD Connect and the SharePoint Framework roadmap. Pretty solid stuff for all of us SharePoint administrators to keep in mind. Sprinkle in some more PowerShell for Azure, a little Hotmail hacking, our love of BGInfo, and then we end with me whining about how terrible Google Docs is to use. Oh, the humanity.
Links from the show:
- Todd Recorded an Episode of the SQL Data Partners Podcast
- SharePoint Online is Now the Most Popular Version of SharePoint (with SharePoint 2016 coming in at 4th)
- New Version of SharePoint Online Management Shell
- Shane’s PnP PowerShell Video
- Azure AD Connect: Version Release History
- SharePoint Framework Roadmap
- Suspicious Hotmail Activity
- BgInfo Automation Script
- Azure Command Line 2.0 Now Generally Available
If you enjoy the show, then you can subscribe using the audio or video RSS feed. You can also join the show live at 5PM ET, every Monday. There is even a Slack support group. Check out the podcast homepage for more info on how to join the hooligans. If you are interested in being a featured listener, just tweet Shane or Todd and we can set it up. We don’t have many friends, so it is safe to assume that if you are willing, we are able. No special software, hardware, or skills required. We really just need a name and some info.