The Petri IT Knowledgebase – Petri IT Hero Contest
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to those who are 21 as of the date of entry. The contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Blue Whale Web LLC their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Blue Whale Web LLC, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Contest Period:
Nomination Phase: The nomination phase starts on or about Tuesday, October 7, 2014 and ends on Tuesday, November 4th, 2014. All online entries must be received by Tuesday, November 4th at 11:59PM MT.
Voting Phase: The voting phase begins on Tuesday, November 4th at 4:00pm MT and ends on Tuesday, November 18th at 9:00am MT. The winners of the contest will be announced on Tuesday, November 18th at 3:00pm MT.
Petri IT Hero Contest Twitter Daily Giveaway: The daily Twitter giveaway starts on Tuesday, October 7th and ends on Tuesday, November 4th at 9:00am MT.
4. How to Enter:
The Petri IT Hero Contest: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at www.Petri.com/petri-it-hero. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Blue Whale Web LLC.
Petri IT Hero Contest Twitter Daily Giveaway: Each business day during the contest nomination period (Oct. 7, 2014 to Nov. 4, 2014) one random reader who nominates an IT hero and Tweets about it on Twitter using the #PetriITHero hashtag will win a $50 Amazon gift card.
You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Blue Whale Web LLC.
Grand Prize: The winner — and the person who nominated him/her — will will receive an Xbox One video game console with an approximate value of $400 USD.
Runner Up Prizes: The 9 finalists — and the people that nominated them — will each receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
Twitter Daily Giveaway prizes: Each business day during the contest nomination period (Oct. 7, 2014 to Nov. 4, 2014) one random reader who nominates an IT hero and Tweets about it using the #PetriITHero hashtag will win a $50 Amazon gift card.
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Blue Whale Web LLC’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Blue Whale Web LLC to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The odds of winning once selected as a finalist are 1 in 10.
7. Winner selection and notification: The 10 finalists in the contest will be selected by Petri IT Knowledgebase editorial staff, while the overall winner will be selected via an online voting process by Petri IT Knowledgebase readers. Twitter daily giveaway prizes will be randomly awarded by Petri editorial staff by readers who tweet their completed nominations by using the #PetriITHero hashtag. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Contest within 48 hours following the winner selection. Blue Whale Web LLC shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT Blue Whale Web LLC’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Blue Whale Web LLC, anyone acting on behalf of Blue Whale Web LLC, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Blue Whale Web LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Blue Whale Web LLC may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Blue Whale Web LLC. Blue Whale Web LLC reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Blue Whale Web LLC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Blue Whale Web LLC reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. By entering the Contest and opting in to subscribe to the Petri Insider email newsletter you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Blue Whale Web LLC. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Blue Whale Web LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United States of America AND Illinois, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Blue Whale Web LLC, 117 W. Slade Street, Suite 5, Palatine Illinois 60067. Requests must be received no later than September 15, 2014.