Can I hide the Windows Messenger icon in Windows XP?
Yes, and this is much better than to Uninstall Windows Messenger in Windows XP.
To turn hide Windows Messenger in Windows XP do the following:
- Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
Note: As always, before making changes to your registry you should always make sure you have a valid backup. In cases where you’re supposed to delete or modify keys or values from the registry it is possible to first export that key or value(s) to a .REG file before performing the changes.
- Locate the following key in the registry:
- On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value:
- Close the registry editor.
You might also want to read the following related articles:
- Configure Instant Messaging in Exchange 2000
- Configure Instant Messaging SRV Records
- Disable Windows Messenger in Windows XP
- Download MSN Messenger
- Download NetMeeting for Windows 9X/NT 4.0
- Download Windows Messenger
- Download Windows Live Messenger
- Find your Microsoft Passport Password
- Replace Windows/MSN Messenger
- Update Windows Messenger
- Uninstall Windows Messenger in Windows XP