Forum Replies Created
Hi Scott28tt, tried the following today:
# esxcli storage vmfs snapshot mount -l “loc01newton_lun01” – This mounted the LUN
# esxcli storage vmfs snapshot mount -u “601bd32a-2387053g-68b2-1be1af8e2e1d” – get the message No unresolved VMFS snapshots with volume UUID ‘601bd32a-2387053g-68b2-1be1af8e2e1d’
So back to the drawing board….October 27, 2015 at 7:43 am in reply to: Need to create a Windows Server 2008 R2 Server with the same name of another server #390456
Thanks biggles for the msg. Yeah VMs are something that I use frequently!!!! :)October 13, 2015 at 2:22 am in reply to: Need to create a Windows Server 2008 R2 Server with the same name of another server #390455
Sorry for the late response/update.
In the end, it was agreed to have downtime but only over a weekend so that the new VM could be installed and configured with the help of the vendor. Thanks to everyone for their input.
– MakJuly 17, 2015 at 12:38 pm in reply to: Need to create a Windows Server 2008 R2 Server with the same name of another server #390454
danielp, wullieb1, thanks for your inputs. I was actually thinking of putting it into the Virtual environment, but as danielp mentioned the application needs to have access to the Production environment. So the only way to do it would be to create a new machine out of business hours. Thanks for all your help!July 3, 2015 at 1:55 pm in reply to: Need to create a Windows Server 2008 R2 Server with the same name of another server #390453
No downtime, this is the problem, and yes a bloody stupid application, and the person that signed it off in the first place, needs a good kick!!!July 3, 2015 at 7:58 am in reply to: Need to create a Windows Server 2008 R2 Server with the same name of another server #390452
Thanks for the responses so far. Here are the reasons for my post:
* Currently we have a Windows 2003 Server which is in production and being used by approx. 100 users. There is an application that runs on the server, and the license for the application is tied to the name of the server i.e. TR1561O
* The application provides the users with access to a confidential system.
* Due to the support for Windows Server 2003 ending very soon, we are looking to create a new server based on Windows Server 2008 R2 and have the application installed on this new Server.
* The issue is that the vendor’s of the application will carry out the installation on-site and can only do it during business hours (which is not practical due to the nature of having two servers with identical computer names on the network).
I have asked the vendor for the application to provide us with a viable solution and am waiting for their response.
-MakNovember 5, 2014 at 2:28 am in reply to: vSphere 5.5 – Error when applying Storage DRS Recommendations #390451
Re: vSphere 5.5 – Error when applying Storage DRS Recommendations
Thanks for the response wullieb1.
I saw this information but was hoping there could be another way, but will have to look into applying the hotfix.
Re: server name is changed after reboot
first, i am really sorry about the double post.
i want to tell you that this problem was disapear a year ago and comback again this week (1 year of quiet).
my first post was describe exactly what you ask for.
you described the proccess as it was except that server2 wasnt the only dc ,i have got server4 as the bdc.
Re: after reboot dc suffix name is changed
this is real mess for me
i have problem to restart servers
because its take like hours after the name changed
to recover the server and make it stable
so if you got any information please let me know.