WSS 3.0 Moving templates between site collections

Home Forums Other Misc WSS 3.0 Moving templates between site collections

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Virtual 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Svenster

Hi,

I have a Win2k3 std server running with MS SharePoint Services 3.0. Windows and WSS are installed with dutch language.

I want to move some lists and one subsite to another server, running Win2k8 STD with WSS 3.0 in English language. I create templates of both the subsite and the lists. Then I copy the .stp files to the gallery of the Win2k8 server.

When I create a new site or create a list, the templates are not shown as they do on the Win2k3 server. I allready restarted the server, but that doesn’t help. Could it have to do something with the difference in language of WSS?

Any information is welcome!

Virtual

Re: WSS 3.0 Moving templates between site collections

What differs with the look of the template?

Svenster

What exactly do you mean with that??

Virtual

Svenster;252389 wrote:
    Hi,

I have a Win2k3 std server running with MS SharePoint Services 3.0. Windows and WSS are installed with dutch language.

I want to move some lists and one subsite to another server, running Win2k8 STD with WSS 3.0 in English language. I create templates of both the subsite and the lists. Then I copy the .stp files to the gallery of the Win2k8 server.

When I create a new site or create a list, the templates are not shown as they do on the Win2k3 server. I allready restarted the server, but that doesn’t help. Could it have to do something with the difference in language of WSS?

Any information is welcome!

You mention ‘…the templates are not shown as they do on the Win2k3 server…’.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.