WS2012R2 Essentials does not see Windows 1903 machine

Home Forums General Chat General Discussion WS2012R2 Essentials does not see Windows 1903 machine

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar GeorgeMendes 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GeorgeMendes
    Participant

I am running WS2012R2 Essentials as a home server without a domain. I have just upgraded my laptop to the new Windows 10 1903 (18362.53) which is in release preview. The following issue may or may not be resulting from that.

My server is now reporting this laptop as Offline in the Dashboard. On the other hand the connector icon on the laptop is green, I can launch the Dashboard through it, so everything seems to be talking to each other.

More importantly, I now cannot backup this laptop: it tries and complains that it cannot connect to the WS Essentials Client Computer Management Service. I have tried reinstalling the Connector to no avail. It used to work a couple of weeks ago, before this upgrade, but in principle it could have been some other unrelated change.

Does anyone else have a similar problem with Windows 1903? Or is it just me? Is there something I can try?

GeorgeMendes
    Participant

I am running WS2012R2 Essentials as a home server without a domain. I have just upgraded my laptop to the new Windows 10 1903 (18362.53) which is in release preview. The following issue may or may not be resulting from that.

My server is now reporting this laptop as Offline in the Dashboard. On the other hand the connector icon on the laptop is green, I can launch the Dashboard through it, so everything seems to be talking to each other.

More importantly, I now cannot backup this laptop: it tries and complains that it cannot connect to the WS Essentials Client Computer Management Service. I have tried reinstalling the Connector to no avail. It used to work a couple of weeks ago, before this upgrade, but in principle it could have been some other unrelated change.

Does anyone else have a similar problem with Windows 1903? Or is it just me? Is there something I can try?
    Thank you
    My issue has been solved!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar wullieb1. Reason: Removed hyperlinks
    GeorgeMendes
    Participant

Thank you
    My issue has been solved!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar wullieb1. Reason: Removed hyperlinks
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.