Windows Update with the 0x8024D001 error code

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro Windows Update with the 0x8024D001 error code

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar handrian 6 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    balubeto

Hi

I installed Windows XP SP3 and I run Windows Update to update the system.

Now, the Windows Update page is opened but the 0x8024D001 error code is displayed. How come? How do I fix this?

Thanks

Bye

Ossian

Re: Windows Update with the 0x8024D001 error code

First couple of :google: links suggest installing an alternative update agent
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=xp+update+error+0x8024D001&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&gws_rd=cr&ei=Lj0oUvbQHs3xhQeWzYCQDQ

Alternatively if you are using WSUS, try updating from Microsoft (or vice versa)

You could also try clearing the update cache:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=xp+update+error+0x8024D001&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&gws_rd=cr&ei=Lj0oUvbQHs3xhQeWzYCQDQ#q=xp+clear+update+cache&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB%3AIE-Address

handrian

Download the latest version of Windows Update Agent for XP Pro SP3

Hi

Where can I download the latest version of Windows Update Agent for XP Pro SP3?

Thanks

Bye

Ossian

Re: Download the latest version of Windows Update Agent for XP Pro SP3

From Microsoft :evil:

Is this related to your other thread (http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=64356)

If so, check the first link I posted.

handrian

Re: Download the latest version of Windows Update Agent for XP Pro SP3

Ossian;276899 wrote:
    From Microsoft :evil:

Is this related to your other thread (http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=64356)

If so, check the first link I posted.

I have noticed that, if I disable the automatic updates from the “Automatic Updates” window and, if, from an administrator command prompt, I write:

Code:
    sc config wuauserv start= demand
    net start wuauserv

the “Turn off” option not change in the “Automatic Updates” window, and the command:

Code:
    wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow

does not work.

How come? How do I solve this using only the command line?

Thanks

Bye

handrian

Help!!!

Thanks

Bye

Dumber
    Participant

Did you tried Tom’s posts?

handrian

Dumber;277022 wrote:
    Did you tried Tom’s posts?

I’m sorry but where are the Tom’s posts?

Thanks

Bye

Ossian

Sigh….Post #2 in this thread
    (As Marcel (Dumber) and I go back a fair way, he uses my proper name, not my username. It is in my signature too)

In general, can I suggest that, rather than keeping posting the same (or very similar) questions, you actually read and follow the answers you are given, then post back reporting on the results and making sure you answer all the questions you are asked – they are to help us help you. Also, instead of creating several threads on the same topic (or so it appears) you group your related questions (in this case variations on Windows Update and WSUS) in one thread.

handrian

Ossian;277035 wrote:
    Sigh….Post #2 in this thread
    (As Marcel (Dumber) and I go back a fair way, he uses my proper name, not my username. It is in my signature too)

In general, can I suggest that, rather than keeping posting the same (or very similar) questions, you actually read and follow the answers you are given, then post back reporting on the results and making sure you answer all the questions you are asked – they are to help us help you. Also, instead of creating several threads on the same topic (or so it appears) you group your related questions (in this case variations on Windows Update and WSUS) in one thread.

I had already examined the Tom’s responses but, unfortunately, they do not work. How come?

Thanks

Bye

Ossian

TELLING us what you have tried would help as I, for one, do not have psychic powers.

What did not work – i.e. what exactly did you do and what exact errors did you get? (again no psychic powers so unable to tell you why not – although the possibility of PEBCAK or PICNIC errors is fairly high on the list)

Have you done any basic troubleshooting apart from posting the top error message?
    This includes (but is not limited to):
    Event logs
    WSUS logs
    IIS logs
    Windows Update Log
    Different update source
    Different computers / OSes
    New build OS if available

And when did the problem change from XP SP3 to Win7 – have you finally completed your OS build?

Dumber
    Participant

Did you have seen this kb article?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2497281

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.