Windows Server 2019 in production

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2019 Windows Server 2019 in production

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Russell Smith Russell Smith 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    seedhe
    Participant

Folks, i’m in the process of speccing up a second DC (finally) in addition to a Server 2012 R2 machine (which our environment consists of). Obviously Server 2016 is a good go-to, the plan was to do a migration to that in test and then use that as primary, then tear down the 2012 box and build an additional 2016 box so we’d have 2x 2016 DCs. What’s the consensus about skipping 2016 and going straight to 2019 though, is it in a good state already or reckon it’s worth holding off? My first instinct is to wait but there’s some more server purchases that will be phased in next year and it would be a shame to hang on needlessly while it’s getting into a good state.

• This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Avatar wullieb1. Reason: Removed formatting
    wullieb1

2019 is what i would consider a service pack for 2016.

Been running it in a lab at home with no issues.

Russell Smith
    Russell Smith
    Participant

I haven’t heard of any issues adding a Windows Server 2019 domain controller to an existing domain. I’d always plan to use the latest available version of the software unless there’s a clear reason not to do so.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.