Windows Server 2008 R2 Trial

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 Windows Server 2008 R2 Trial

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar biggles77 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Max Dembo

Hi,
    I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 installation from the MS iso trial dvd (180 days).
    After 10 days I have rearmed the installation (possible 5 times).
    I have to activate this evaluation installation to obtain the 180 days period?
    We are waiting for the license, If I install Active Directory can I preserve this installation or I have to reinstall the S.O.?
    Thanks in advance.

biggles77
    Spectator

Re: Windows Server 2008 R2 Trial

Sorry, but your questions are unclear.

Quote:
    After 10 days I have rearmed the installation (possible 5 times).

Do you by chance me renamed instead of rearmed.

Quote:
    I have to activate this evaluation installation to obtain the 180 days period?

You have to Activate the copy or it stops working in 30 days.

Quote:
    We are waiting for the license

What license? Do you mean the Key used when you install the O/S. The trial vesion may have this built-in like previous versions of different operating systems.

Quote:
    If I install Active Directory can I preserve this installation or I have to reinstall the S.O.?

I assume you may want to keep the setup you will create from the trial version. I would assume if you purchased a full version with the appropriate key then you may be able to just change the key and it will change from a 180 day limited version to “unlimited” version. Someone will have to confirm that is indeed the case.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.