Windows Server 2003 Std > SBS2011 Public Folders

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 Windows Server 2003 Std > SBS2011 Public Folders

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar cruachan 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LSainsbury

Hi all,

Another migration, this time its a Windows Server 2003 R2 Std > SBS2011.

The Public Folders are taking an absolute age to replicate across.

I can see the incoming public folder replication messages being processed on the target server and I’ve run a few of the PS scripts.

Is there anything else I can do to speed up the public folders so I can complete the Exchange 2003 removal?

Cheers!

Lee

Ossian

Re: Windows Server 2003 Std > SBS2011 Public Folders

Have to say I have always exported to PST and deleted on the source server, then created new on the target server,

Obviously system PFs (OAB, Schedule+ etc.) have to replicate normally

teiger

Ossian -whilst you are correct for data folders there are system folders which must be replicated (Free/Busy and OAB, etc.) before you can successfully remove the 2003 server.
    In answer to the original question, I have usually found that a reboot helps the process!

teiger

Ignore that last post! – My fingers were too quick on the keyboard!

LSainsbury

Thanks guys. I have exported them already, but I’d rather let it happen the correct way. Both servers have had a number of reboots.

cruachan
    Participant

Have the routing group connectors created? I’ve had that a few times where they don’t and have to be added manually. You’ll see the PF replication traffic in unreachable destination in the queues if that is the case. Also turn off any message tagging software (E.g. anti-spam software) as that will cause replication to fail.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.