Windows 10 Pro vs Home?

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 10 Windows 10 Pro vs Home?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  its mark 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • rihaankhan

Most users in this sub simply aren’t going to need W10 Pro, and can use W10 Home instead.

W10 Pro is mainly targeted at small businesses who aren’t using the volume licensed enterprise version yet. It does add a few features, but they are things that really shouldn’t affect home users.
    Clean Master
    The additional features are:

• The ability to join a Domain network, and some related technologies like Group Policy, that go along with that. (Requires an Active Directory server to take advantage of) [MOD EDIT SPAM LINK DELETED]
    • The ability to be remote controlled through Windows Remote Desktop (There are alternatives, like Teamviewer, that are arguably better, and free for home use)
    • Bitlocker whole disk encryption (Requires TPM hardware on the motherboard, there are free, open source alternatives like Veracrypt, that don’t have additional hardware requirements).
    • Hyper-V (Tons of alternatives like VMWare, Docker, etc) [MOD EDIT SPAM LINK DELETED]

Raises ram limit from 128GB on Home all the way up to 2TB (Most consumer motherboards can’t support even the 128GB anyway).
    do you guys agree?

biggles77
    Spectator

No, I don’t agree. I have also move your topic from Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro Forum to the Winshit 10 Forum. Missed it by –>< — that much.

In the words of Capt. Marko Ramius, The order is prepare to engage the silent ban button. (Needs to be pronounced shilent. Sorry Tom, racial profiling was engaged as well :razz:)

Ossian

So, Komrade Kepitan, we vill let ze rope run a bit longer?

(Sorry, Chris, but my Russian (well, Sean’s version of it) came out as more German….)

Nor do I agree – for most business users (the majority) Windows Home is a PoS – hence the overwhelming resistance to any form of BYOD everywhere I have been

Ossian

And he/she/it doesn’t take a telling, puts in spam links and (surprise, surprise) gets banned…. :evil:

biggles77
    Spectator

Man, we’re good at this aren’t we. [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:”none”,”data-size”:”medium”,”data-attachmentid”:518086}[/ATTACH]

its mark
    Participant

The standard version of Windows 10 is actually Windows 10 Home, and it’s aimed at home users. If you’re running a business, you’re perhaps more likely to be interested in Windows 10 Pro.

A lot of features are shared between these two OSes, all the basics that you’re probably familiar with from previous versions of Windows. Both can work across desktops, laptops, and tablets, and both come with features like Cortana and Microsoft’s new browser, Microsoft Edge.

For more information about Windows 10 Pro vs Home, please check this article.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/features/windows-10-home-vs-windows-10-pro-differences-new-features-718532

Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro – Which is Best for Gaming?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.