Windows 10 installation!!!

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 10 Windows 10 installation!!!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Ossian 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jaisonpink
    Participant

Hello, I have a few questions about Windows 10 installation. So, I bought a PC, but the HDD seems to not be working (it makes all sorts of squeaky back and forth noises, and the pc says that there is no hard drive, so it might be corrupt, I checked all the cables though), so I swapped it to other HDD that is working and is empty (formatted). What file do I need to download to a USB drive to install Windows 10? Is it the Windows 10 .iso file or is it the Media Creation tool. I am confused between the two. Also do I need to have internet connection when in the process of installation? I am doing a clean install, and I don’t have a product key, so will I be able to install it without a key? Thank you.

• This topic was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Avatar jaisonpink.
    wullieb1

You can use the Media Creation Tool to create a USB or DVD to install Windows 10.

You don’t need an internet connection when you install.

You can install without a product key however it may ask you for a key within 3 days (I think) of installing Windows.

Ossian

If an activated copy of Windows 10 has previously  been on the PC, and the hardware signature has not changed too much (normally 3 component changes), then it may automatically activate online – I have done this with various laptops.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.