Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) failed as WebDav client…

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 10 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) failed as WebDav client…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  prettymystery 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • alexandros

Hello,
    I use to work on a Windows 2012 R2 WebDAV IIS server, with mapped drives in my clients.

After a couple of clients auto update to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1079, I receive the following errors almost all times I upload (paste) or download (copy) a file:
    1. “An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you ……Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrent.”
    2. “Item Not Found. Could not find this item. This is no longer located in…..”
    3. “An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you …… Error 0x8007007A: The data area passed to a system call is too small.”

The strange thing is that if I open a file (double-click) on Word, it works ok…

The other clients (Windows 10 1607 and 1703) are working properly.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

patrickm

It’s bug of windows 10.
    Microsoft knows this issue.

Thank you for your answer, I hope that they trying to fix this.
    I think that the same problem exists and with Sharepoint (on libraries).

jg535
    alexandros;n515532 wrote:
    Hello,
    I use to work on a Windows 2012 R2 WebDAV IIS server, with mapped drives in my clients.

After a couple of clients auto update to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1079, I receive the following errors almost all times I upload (paste) or download (copy) a file:
    1. “An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you ……Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrent.”
    2. “Item Not Found. Could not find this item. This is no longer located in…..”
    3. “An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you …… Error 0x8007007A: The data area passed to a system call is too small.”

The strange thing is that if I open a file (double-click) on Word, it works ok…

The other clients (Windows 10 1607 and 1703) are working properly.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

Hey, i might be a little late for this reply but I’m giving the method which worked for me. It might help other people also, that’s why.

Add a Registry Key Value

Note: Faulty changes in registry value could cause some unrecoverable error which will do damage to your computer, so in case of any further error, please back-up your registry first and restore it should anything go wrong.

1) Click the Start button and type regedit in the search box and press Enter.

2) Follow the path
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftSystemCertificates.

3) On the right side of the pane, right-click the blank space and choose DWORD Value when the New option occurs.

4) Change the name to CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo.

5) Double-click to change the Value data to 1 and press OK to save.

6) Exit Registry and restart your computer after the change.

There are a few other methods that I referred to to fix windows update error code 0x80070057. I would urge you to have a look.

This answer from Microsoft will help too. :)

I fixed this issue on our webdav directory in the AWS cloud.
    In windows 10 releases older than version1709 I used \ec-ip-address.region.compute.amazonaws.com to connect to an external network drive with webdav installed.
    In windows explorer the removal of \ is working.
    Now I use http:// in stead of \ and now I can map this network drive again !
    so connect to ec-ip-adres.region.compute.amazonaws.com or http://ec-ip-address.region.compute.amazonaws.com and it is working for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.