Win10 security patch testing

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services System Management Win10 security patch testing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar giat 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    giat
    Participant

Hello All,

I am new to this site/forum and would appreciate if anyone can share the experience of Win 7/10 end user core Desktop Apps functional testing (manual/automated) on the machine patched with security updates (Patch Tuesday). Does anyone have an example of the detected issues? Any tips for a weak area on the updated machine?

Thanks in advance, Igor

JeremyW
    JeremyW

I’m not in this realm very much. There’s probably some methodologies and software to automate this but I’m not familiar. But I imagine the basics would be:

1. Make a test plan that would verify any functionality of the OS and applications in use
    2. Setup a testing environment
    3. Go through the process of updating and running through the test plan to identify issues.

How large is the environment you’re managing?

giat
    Participant

Jeremy, thank you for the prompt response. I already established a global test environment, a number of dedicated Win10 test machines with the automation framework installed and running processes, and was wondering if anyone else has a similar experience and catch any of infrastructure related issues (e.g. Application incompatibility, Apps performance latency, etc.).

Thanks, Igor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.