Why Outlook search doesn’t work properly !

Home Forums Office Office 2010 / 2013 General Issues Why Outlook search doesn’t work properly !

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar carlos 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    watzmann

Hi All ,

I notice that when i look for an e-mail in Outlook i just sent since 1 day , i don’t find it i have to wait for a few days until indexing is complete then i can find it .

this i quite weird , how i can Boost this indexing to be able to find my e-mails.

Thanks

Watzmann

Ossian

Is this with Exchange or some other mail server?
    Which Outlook version?

Merv

With Exchange , and i’m using Office 2010 Sp2 but i don’t think it’s related to exchange because all e-mail all already on Outlook on my PC

joeqwerty

Have you checked the Content Index health on the Exchange mailbox database server and have you tested Search on the Exchange mailbox database server?

JeremyW
    JeremyW

If you are using Cached Mode then it’s the local machine’s Windows Search the provides the results. You could reinitialize the indexes and see if that gives you better performance (but you’ll need to wait again for everything to be indexed) or you could try switching to Online mode…. or you can remove Outlook from the Windows index. Searching will be slow but complete.

carlos

Hello,

You should try to Remove Outlook from Index

To do so:
    Open MS Outlook >> Click on “File” Tab >> “Options” >> “Search”>> “Indexing Options” >> Click “Modify” >> Deselect “Microsoft Outlook” >> Click “Close” >> Exit Outlook.

The same thread has been discussed a few days back, to see click here:
    http://knowledgemanagement.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/km-general-l/outlook-wont-search-items-5746855

Thanks & Regards
    Paul Hogan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.