Which Version Windows 10

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 10 Which Version Windows 10

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kyuuketsuki 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Kyuuketsuki
    Participant

So here’s an interesting one :)

I rebuilt a client’s PC (Win 10) as it was unable to reach the desktop or even a logon prompt. Recovered his data AOK (remoived his drive a took it off physically) but when I went to rebuild it asks me what version (Home, Pro, whatever) … I didn’t know and nor did the client. I tried lots of things from the advanced recovery options but none of them told me and eventually I installed Win 10 Pro which wouldn’t activate, a license check told me that the machine was registered as Win 10 Home.

So yeah, it worked and it activated as Win 10 Home but I had to build it twice which was a pain … anyone any idea how I can avoid this should a similar issue arise?

Keke

Ossian

If he had linked it to a Microsoft account, you can log in from another machine and go into the details (My devices or something similar) and see which devices / editions he has.

Obviously if not linked, there is no chance of that

biggles77
    Spectator
    Quote:
    anyone any idea how I can avoid this should a similar issue arise?

Use Linux? :mrgreen:

Kyuuketsuki
    Participant
    biggles77;n514536 wrote:
    Use Linux? :mrgreen:

Pfah! Linux ain’t never bin no good ‘n nevuh will be.

Just joking … it is clearly a competent OS, it just isn’t for me and I doubt it ever will be.

Keke

Kyuuketsuki
    Participant
    Ossian;n514514 wrote:
    If he had linked it to a Microsoft account, you can log in from another machine and go into the details (My devices or something similar) and see which devices / editions he has.

Obviously if not linked, there is no chance of that

That would mean he would have to give me his log on details right? Depends on who but I can see times that might not go down too well.

Keke

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.