Which permissions are required when runing a scheduled task on a domain controller

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory Which permissions are required when runing a scheduled task on a domain controller

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  JDMils 1 year ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • JDMils

I have set up a Scheduled Task on the management server to run the script “FindAllDHCPServers.ps1” and is scheduled to run each day using my domain admin credentials. I want to change the RunAs credentials to a service account but I don’t know which privileges to give the service account.

I have a script called “FindAllDHCPServers.ps1” which runs from a management server which queries AD for all DHCP servers. It then invokes another script “SetupEnableDHCPLogs.ps1” via a loop which modifies the folders and registry on each DHCP server found. The script “FindAllDHCPServers.ps1” on the management server cause the 2nd script “SetupEnableDHCPLogs.ps1” to run on the DHCP server using this command:

invoke-command -ComputerName $ServerName -FilePath “\MyDomain.comNETLOGONSetupEnableDHCPLogs.ps1” -ErrorAction $ErrorActionPreference [/CODE]
    Note that DHCP runs on some domain controllers and some member servers throughout the domain. Which privileges do I give to the service account for this scheduled task to run.
    [CODE]
    invoke-command -ComputerName $ServerName -FilePath “\MyDomain.comNETLOGONSetupEnableDHCPLogs.ps1” -ErrorAction $ErrorActionPreference [/CODE]
    Note that DHCP runs on some domain controllers and some member servers throughout the domain. Which privileges do I give to the service account for this scheduled task to run.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.