what will be certificate name

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 what will be certificate name

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar cruachan 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    shawn

Dear All,

My setup: Exchange Server 2003; ISA 2006.
    My exchange server fqdn is server.domain.com and isa fqdn
    is isa.domain.com.
    Question: I want to publish owa (with thirl ssl) on isa, what will be the certificate name, server.domain.com or isa.domain.com???

Mx will on my isa server.

Thanks
    Shawn

cruachan
    Participant

Re: what will be certificate name

It should be the name of the server you are publishing I.e server.domain.com. ISA is the publishing server, OWA is not actually on there but is hosted by IIS on the Exchange server.

shawn

server.domain.com is bind up with IP address a.b.c.d

and this ip address is ISA server. my certificate name is server.domain.com , everything is right acording to theory but still i am getting the error message
    “The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website address”

Please advise

cruachan
    Participant

Are you on the internal network? That would be expected behaviour as the internal and external FQDNs are different.

shawn

Thanks for the reply,
    No i am checking from the external network; its working but all the explorer giving the same certificate error.

joeqwerty

Are you connecting to it via the FQDN or the ip address?

shawn

Same result with both fqdn and the ip address, i dont know what else it required, there is no error in the event log, everything is working fine except the certificate error………please let me know if any more information required from myself……….Thanks to all

shawn

One more info…..
    My website also share the same name, and it is hosted on other third party server.

cruachan
    Participant

Weird, normally if there was such a problem with the certificate ISA Server would protest about it when you tell the Web Listener what certificate to use.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for this Petri Webinar!

Want to Make Your Backup Storage Unlimited & Ready for the Cloud? – Free Thurrott Premium Account with Webinar Registration!

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT

A Scale-Out Backup storage infrastructure is a must-have technology for your backups. In this webinar, join expert Rick Vanover for a look on what real-world problems are solved by the Scale-Out Backup Repository.

Register Now

Sponsored By