What to expect going from Solar Winds to PRTG

Home Forums Networking General Networking What to expect going from Solar Winds to PRTG

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jkoelker 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • jkoelker

Our IT department has recently made the decision to move away from Solar Winds NPM, NCM and Engineer’s Toolset because of the high cost of renewals each year, along with the necessity of building a new SQL service to allow for the most recent S/W upgrade. The replacement network monitoring tool will most likely be Paessler’s PRTG. I’ve been using S/W ever since I joined the department over eleven years ago; although I’m sure we’re not utilizing to anywhere near its capabilities, I’ve become accustomed to many of its applications and features. I do use it primarily for monitoring up/down status and traffic/bandwidth statistics, but I’ve gotten use from some of its other features as well.

I’m just wondering if anyone else has made a similar move and what the experience was like. In all honesty, it looks like a step backward going to PRTG, and yet I read and hear of many organizations that use it and really like it. Just a matter of adjusting expectations?

Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.