Web Server

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  richy 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello Friends, I am having a machine running as web server on windows server 2008 R2. I am connected to internet and bought static public ip address too. So, Now when I am browsing that web server with the public ip address from some where else; its working. I am having as problem to resolve this ip address with the website name. I want to open the webserver with a name instead of ip address.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Ossian

Re: Web Server

Go to your public DNS control panel (at your ISP?) and create a record e.g. http://www.domain.com pointing to the public IP address

If you don’t have an existing domain, there are many people who will sell you one

mohanmathew

For this you need to register a domain name and point the Nameservers at the domain registrar to your public IP address.

Few domain registrar service providers are godaddy, register.com ..

richy

But how ? please let me know the procedure to do so ?

richy

How can i access public dns control panel and can create a record of my domain there ?

Ossian

When you bought the domain, you should have been given a link to manage it
    (different providers have different panels)

mohanmathew

Once you get a new domain name from any of these service providers, they will give you a control panel where you can add the DNS entries such as NS, A and MX.

Create new nameserver entries and append the same nameserver entries at your local DNS server.

Ossian

@echo OFF :twisted:

mohanmathew

oops! really sorry, didn’t mean to echo anything. Didn’t see your reply. started typing at the same time ;) :bowdown:

richy

Thanks a lot friends, I got it now. thank you very much once agian.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.