Vista Windows Mail, importing from other programs

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro Windows Vista Vista Windows Mail, importing from other programs

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar PaulAlvarez02 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DanDanv

I have the following problem.

With Vista we have the new mail client ‘Windows Mail’. The problem i’m having is that a lot of people here buy the student edition of the new office wich does not include the ‘Outlook’ version.

So the problem is that when people were using Outlook Express i just can simply import the contacts and e-mail, no problem. But the thing is, a lot of people here were using Outlook, which makes me unable to import the e-mails and the contact, even when i tries exporting them to the CVS format.

Does anybody know a solution to the problem when you are using Windows Mail and you want to import contacts and e-mail from outlook ?

chemelli

Re: Vista Windows Mail, importing from other programs

Dear DanDanv,

I just opened Windows Mail on my Vista Ultimate Edition and under the menu File->Import->Messages I can find Outlook and Outlook Express 6.

Also under File->Import->Windows Contacts I can find CSV,LDIF,vCard and Outlook Express.

I think this should be enought for your needs.

DanDanv

chemelli;61103 wrote:
    Dear DanDanv,

I just opened Windows Mail on my Vista Ultimate Edition and under the menu File->Import->Messages I can find Outlook and Outlook Express 6.

Also under File->Import->Windows Contacts I can find CSV,LDIF,vCard and Outlook Express.

I think this should be enought for your needs.

Hi,
    Yes i was aware of the fact that this option is available. But the thing is, i was forgotten to mention this, that when i choose to import let’s say as in comma sepperated, i get the message: cannot import, error!

When i import when choosing ‘outlook’ and then hit next, i get the error message that it cannot import in imapi :S

I will make an screenshot tomorrow of that error as i don’t have any vista station within reach.

chemelli

In order to create a correct CSV format for import in Windows Mail follow istruction in this post: http://www.winhelpline.info/forum/software-windows-vista/144440-kontakte-von-outlook-windows-mail-uebernehmen.html

Instead for importing messages I was able to import directly from my Outlook2007 configured to get messages from an Exchange2003 SP2.

Can you specify what program and version is the source of those data please ?

PaulAlvarez02
    Participant

I would like to share a smart Vcard Importer tool for easy importing Vcard file. I hope you will really like the tool due to its instant result providing facility and reliability. No data loss will be faced by the users.

For more details, visit on the given link – [removed by Moderator]

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by Avatar biggles77. Reason: Removed what I consider to be a self serving software link
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.