Users not able to creating

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by JeremyW JeremyW 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • sharma_avss
    Participant

sir,

i Have single Primary Domain 2012R2 ,recently one problem is coming.WadsHEN USER CREATING IN ads

Windwos canot create the object because the directory service has exhausted the pool of relative identifier

Ossian

Check your FSMO holders (particularly the RID Master) are available.    If they were on a failed DC, look on the main site for instructions to Seize FSMOs (but make sure you do not bring the old holder back up ever!)

sharma_avss
    Participant

sir,

I have single Domain(Primary DC),can i seize  on that Dc.Is it correct Method.

sharma_avss
    Participant

How can I forcibly transfer (seize) or all of the FSMO Roles from same DC to same DC,actually i have single PDC

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by JeremyW JeremyW. Reason: Removed HTML tags
    JeremyW
    JeremyW

Hi Sharma.

I take it you only have one Domain Controller, correct?

First you’ll want to check if your current DC holds all FSMO roles. Here’s a link the provides ways to do that: https://www.petri.com/determining_fsmo_role_holders

If any of the roles are on DCs that no longer exist, you’ll need to seize them. You ca use this link for instructions on how to do that: https://www.petri.com/seizing_fsmo_roles

sharma_avss
    Participant

yes sir ,single Server only

2012R2 Standard Edition 64 Bit

Blood
    Blood

Are your FSMO roles on a working domain controller on your network. Log onto a server, open cmd and type:

netdom query fsmo

and press Enter.

It should list the role holder for the FSMO roles.

sharma_avss
    Participant

roles all are avilble in main PDC  ,how can i upload screen shot

JeremyW
    JeremyW

The forums don’t allow pictures to be uploaded. You would need to post it somewhere on the web and link to it.

If all the FSMO roles are on the DC then you’ll need to do some more troubleshooting. Start with the following:

• Run dcdiag on the DC
    • check the event log for issues

sharma_avss
    Participant

both domain controllers running the DNS role with a copy of the AD Integrated DNS zones for your domain? Are clients configured to use both DCs as DNS servers

if one of our domain controllers(Primary)down and can’t find the domain naming master ,others also not able to login and at the time secondary domain controller is running.please provide the soltuion

1. Primary 2012 r2

2.Secondary 2012 r2 but hardwares only different

JeremyW
    JeremyW

Domain naming master has nothing to do with logons.

Do the clients have any other DNS servers also configured?

If primary is “down” is it turned off and not responding to pings?

If primary is down, can a workstation logon after rebooting?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.