User’s mailbox not showing correct size.

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 User’s mailbox not showing correct size.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar omar_h21 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bohlexchange

I have a user that is shoe that their mailbox is 2.5GB on the Exchange server, however, I have archived the user’s email to a PST file and set the retention to 0 days and it is still showing 2.5GB on the Exchange server, even after waiting all weekend for maintenance to happen. I have moved the user to a new database and ran database cleanup and taken the database offline and ran the defrag on it using: Eseutil /d “$env:programfilesMicrosoftExchange ServerMailboxFirst Storage GroupMailbox Database.edb” still no luck. Is it possible to somehow to fix this issue or recreate the mailbox?

JeremyW
    JeremyW

What did you do to archive the mailbox to PST?
    What version of Exchange are you running?
    Where is it showing that it’s 2.5GB?

omar_h21
    JeremyW;n506489 wrote:
    What did you do to archive the mailbox to PST?
    What version of Exchange are you running?
    Where is it showing that it’s 2.5GB?

Sorry, it is Exchange Server 2007 running on Windows Server 2003

To archive it, I created a PST file and moved items older that 1 month into that PST file.

When I open the Exchange Management Console -> Recipient Configuration -> Mailbox

Right click the user and choose Properties, Size (KB) shows 2539046

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this, I’m lost as to how to fix it.

Ossian

You said you set the retention period to 0, but do you also have the “retain until backed up” option enabled?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.