Upgrade my functionaly level in Domain from Windows Server 2008 to Windows 2012 R2

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Upgrade my functionaly level in Domain from Windows Server 2008 to Windows 2012 R2

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gunjannehra 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Steven_86

Hi,

It is my first poste on this forum.

I planing upgrade my functionaly level in Domain from Windows Server 2008 to Windows 2012 R2 , but I have a problem with Domain Controller :

1. First Domain Controller is name SRV and Install Windows Server 2008 Enterprise on HP Machine
    2. Second Domain Controller is name SRV-B and Install Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard on Hyper-V Machine
    3. Third Domain Controller is name SRV-RODC in branches on Hyper-V and have install Role RODC

I buy license to Windows Server 2012 R2 and install on Hyper-V Machine SRV-DC1 with new name nomenclature. I added SRV-DC1 to Domain Controller adprep

My question is :
    1. Do I need upgrade funcion level Windows 2008 to Windows 2008 R2 before I starting upgrade funcion level to Windows 2012 R2 ?
    2. Do I need first uninstall RODC on SRV-RODC in branches before I go upgrade to 2012 R2 ?
    3. On SRV-B I have install role RADIUS to PC with connect in branches SRV-RODC – Do I need uninstall this role ?
    4. On SRV is a Server Certyfication with some policy in GPO – Do I need renew this Certyficate from new SRV-DC1 when the forest will be up to 2012 R2 ?

Thx for answers.

biggles77
    Spectator

I have moved you post into it’s own thread/channel. Tacking your question(s) onto someone else’s thread is pointless because your issue may be totally different to theirs and then there can be answers being posted for each others issues. It becomes a mess. So, for any future questions you may have, do not hi-jack another members Topic. Creating your own Topic will result in more answers that are specific to your situation.

wullieb1

1. No.
    2. No.
    3. No.
    4. No.

You will however require ALL DC’s to be at Server 2012 R2 BEFORE upgrading the FFL

gunjannehra

Hi,

If I will do disconnected SRV and SRV-B from domain all Certification who was generated in SRV they will be ok in Domain 2012 ?

Thx for answers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.