Unable to uninstall .NET frame work?

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro Unable to uninstall .NET frame work?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar djohn86 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bspkumar

I have installed .NET frame work 3.5 to run some application. I have observed that the following versions of .NET frame work were installed in my PC.

.NET frame work 2.0 SP1
    .NET frame work 3.0 SP1
    .NET frame work 3.5

I would like to uninstall 2.0 and 3.0 which I was unable to do. I am getting an error message like, “Uninstalling .net frame work is not possible. Some of installed applications will not work if you uninstall”

Is it required to keep all these versions of .net frame work installed in my PC?

Thank for your consideration

biggles77
    Spectator

Re: Unable to uninstall .NET frame work?

Uninstall 3.5 first, then 3.0 and then 2.0.

bspkumar

If you dont mind could you tell me how to give reputation points?

Ossian

Click on the Yin-Yang icon (the black and white circle) at the top right of the post

tehcamel
    tehcamel

you may find that dotnet 2 and so forth were already installed – it’s not uncommon, and you’d be surprised how many applications use it…

djohn86

yeah, i’d be really careful, and MAKE SURE that you don’t need them, because there a HEAPS of apps that use the .NET framework these days…

DJ

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.