Unable to send or recieve email…

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 Unable to send or recieve email…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar alwin 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Svenster

I moved my sbs2003 to new hardware. I replicated everything and configured exchange on te new server. All mailboxes are moved succesfully to the new server. When I open outlook on a workstation, outlook connects to the new server and I am able to get into my mailbox.

Sending and recieving emails is not possible. All the messages hang in the Exchange System Manager queue. There are several messages in the:

“messages awaiting directory lookup” queue.

There are even more messages in the:

“local delivery” queue.

Both queues are on retry. What settings did I miss during the server transfer?

Svenster

teiger

Re: Unable to send or recieve email…

UTFW! Have you run the Configure E-Mail and Internet Connection Wizard?

Svenster

Yes I did run the wizzard. All settings seem to be the same as on the old server. I did not configure Routing and Remote access yet, is that crusial to let the email server work?

When I copy the mailboxes back to the old server and set the local bridgehead back, the old server works immediatly.

alwin

did you follow all the instructions as in the following MS documentation?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/822931

Svenster

I did not remove the old sbs server out of the network. It is still running. The new server should run anyway if all the settings are right.

teiger

Eh?
    You can’t have 2 SBS’s in the same network or you are limited to about a week for migration.
    Presumably your firewall/router is forwarding your port 25 to somewhere to receive. Are you sure your PTR (Reverse DNS) isn’t pointing back to your old server and blocking you?

Svenster

I know I can’t have 2 SBS servers in one network. Last night it rebooted because of that. I quickly set the master roles back to my old sbs and now it doesn’t reboot anymore.

Port 25 is forwarded correctly. That’s the first thing I checked. Maybe DNS is the problem. I’ll check that tonight…..

Thanks for the reply again!

Svenster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.