Unable to print selection in MS Word 2003

Home Forums Office Office XP / 2003 General Issues Unable to print selection in MS Word 2003

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Blood Blood 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Blood

Hello

One of our staff has a word document that is comprised of 3 sections and 10 pages.

They can print the entire document, they can print a range of pages by specifying page numbers. However, if they select text and choose the option to print the selection nothing happens. The print job does not hit the printer at all and there is no indication that the application has sent out a print job.

There’s nothing in the application or event logs to indicate a problem. The same behaviour occurs when trying to print the same document from a different computer.

Any ideas what might be causing this, please?

Thanks!

[Edit]
    Same behaviour occurs when choosing a different printer as well.

Ossian

Re: Unable to print selection in MS Word 2003

Worth doing a repair install, perhaps?

Blood
    Blood

Thanks – yes, that is an option. But, this seems to be specific to the document because it happens when trying to print the document from different computers – XP and Win7.

Ossian

Sorry, didnt pick that up

Copy and paste into an empty document has worked for me in the past, but apart from that, nothing I can suggest

Blood
    Blood

Thanks – I’d tried that too. Sorry, I should have said. *ducks*

That is usually the cure-all, but not in this case.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.