Unable To Login Into DSRM

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 Unable To Login Into DSRM

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar mspro2006 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sgee34

I’m using server 2008 r2 and I’m trying to login into directory services restore mode, but when I try to login I get “no logon servers available to service the logon request”.

I only get it when trying to login to DSRM, I have no issues logging into normal mode. Any help would be appreciated!

pjhutch

Re: Unable To Login Into DSRM

Can you check that the Administrator user has not been disabled, renamed or that the password has expired in safe mode?

mspro2006

pjhutch;270479 wrote:
    Can you check that the Administrator user has not been disabled, renamed or that the password has expired in safe mode?

The Administrator account has been renamed, but I have another DC that has the account renamed and has no problem with DSRM. What do you mean by “password expired in safe mode?”. How can the same password not be expired in normal mode, but then expire in DSRM? I didn’t know this was possible.

Ossian

DSRM passwords should not expire (by definition you don’t know when you need them).

Since the account is a local one, behaviour on another DC is immaterial — check the renaming (exactly) on the problem one.

Since you have other DCs, why are you doing an AD restore — there may be another solution?

mspro2006

Ossian;270486 wrote:
    DSRM passwords should not expire (by definition you don’t know when you need them).

Since the account is a local one, behaviour on another DC is immaterial — check the renaming (exactly) on the problem one.

Since you have other DCs, why are you doing an AD restore — there may be another solution?

I’m just trying to test recovery from a remote share in DSRM, but since it is working on the other DC I’m just going to go that route.

Thanks for the help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for this Petri Webinar!

Want to Make Your Backup Storage Unlimited & Ready for the Cloud? – Free Thurrott Premium Account with Webinar Registration!

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT

A Scale-Out Backup storage infrastructure is a must-have technology for your backups. In this webinar, join expert Rick Vanover for a look on what real-world problems are solved by the Scale-Out Backup Repository.

Register Now

Sponsored By