Unable to boot due to proble, with bootres.dll

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 10 Unable to boot due to proble, with bootres.dll

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Blood Blood 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ruvain
    Participant

Hello

I hope I am posting at the right place. I an trying to help a familly who lost their beloved 25 years ol son. They got his Windows 10 machine. That machine have 2 users  both are Administrators. One was a local to which there was no issue logging in into his profile.The second, user login was managed by a Microsoft Account. login mechanism.

I really cant tell if that was my fault while trying to use a tool called PCUnlocker with the intention of converting it to a local user account or due to a faulty update process, by Microsoft. Anyway, as I try to boot the computer after it being turned off, the os automatically tries and fails performning an automatic repair process. In order to avoid the need of me being censored here, I will not state my opinion about Microsoft’s tech support  representatives who failed finding out the following:

Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.

Repair action: File repair

Result: Failed. Error code =  0x2

Time taken = 6422 ms

The same team keeps failing in providing an appropriate answer wether I simple copy of the file from another source, may solve the problem. Or how to DISM the file on a system refusing to boot. I would appreciate getting any guidance to solve this problem out.

Blood
    Blood

If you are simply after the data the easiest solution would be to place the hard drive in another computer and take ownership of the relevant folders.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.