Trying to host RemoteApp for 3 dealships on 1 machine!?!

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2016 Trying to host RemoteApp for 3 dealships on 1 machine!?!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sedik 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • ARVSERVICE

Does anyone have model or go-by for my situation? I have one 2016 Server machine. I am trying to host a Remote App, for 3 locations. Same app, but completly separate. The kicker is, 1 is at our primary location and the other 2 will be in other states. Any help would be great!

Ossian

Have you considered virtualisation in some form (containers, possibly, or VMs)?

To help more, would need a lot more information about the app and the environment

Sedik

The program is ‘self-contained’ in 1 folder. I have been running 2008 R2 Standard at our primary location, local network, for 2 years. Now they want me to host for 2 other locations. Would it be easier to just run 3 machines? I am new to 2016. I have seen models with multiple forests. I would like to keep it as simple as possible.

Ossian

Assuming the same domain / forest already spans the 3 locations, I would not look at multiple ones as it is too much of an administrative headache

If you have only a few users per location, you might be able to run it from a workstation instead of a server – I think it is now 20 concurrent connections

As I said, more information would be needed and you might want to get a consultant to make recommendations

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.