trouble logging into a Windows XP SP3 desktop using RDP

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro trouble logging into a Windows XP SP3 desktop using RDP

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Venkateshav 8 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Venkateshav

Hello Everybody,

Greetings.

I have trouble logging into a Windows XP SP3 desktop using RDP.

Here is the scenario:

Have setup a LAN(using a Nokia Siemens ADSL2 Type 4 modem with inbuilt switch) and connected 2 Windows XP SP3 computers(a desktop and a Laptop) via LAN.

I am able to login via RDP from the laptop normally – that is when a user is logged in the desktop I am able login via RDP from the laptop.

My actual requirement is

To cold boot the desktop via Wake-on-LAN from the laptop and login to the desktop through RDP.

I am able to boot the desktop via Wake-on-LAN. But when the default.rdp file is invoked, it throws the error

“cannot connect to remote Computer”

For RDP’ng, have saved a default.rdp file with the computer name(not the IP address) and user credentials.

(Once booted,I am able to ping the computer using hostname and IP; can access the admin shares as well. Also after I initiate a logon session on the desktop computer directly, I am able to login remotely from the laptop.)

FYI

On the desktop computer,

The default Windows Firewall has been disabled.
    Using a Kaspersky 2012 Internet Security with Kaspersky Firewall enabled.
    The Kaspersky Firewall is configured to allow Remote Desktop connections
    on local network.
    Have enabled Windows classic logon on the desktop computer. Disabled the
    welcome screen and fast user switching mode

What else need to be configured/tweaked?? Please help!!

—-

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.