Toshiba External 2TB Drive Issue

Home Forums Other General Hardware Toshiba External 2TB Drive Issue

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thiago.it 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Thiago.it

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if you guys have ever seen this issue before. Toshiba 2TB HDD stopped working. I have attached all the error images so it makes it easier to understand….

Things I have tried;

1- Check Disk (Failed)

2- Connected to 3 different machines, none of them will open the disk

3- Found this tool online Minitool Partition Wizard, and from there I can browse all of my content (Thanks God) but do not know exactly how to use it. Didnt do much with it at this point.

Some images attached, I would appreciate knowledge sharing.

Thanks

Blood
    Blood

How old is the drive? I have gone through several external drives over the years because after about three years they stop working – not accessible, just as shown in your images. I don’t use them any more, instead I invest in high capacity internal drives (3TB), and rely on online backup in case they go south, which so far they have not.

Thiago.it

Yes, this is a 3 to 4 year old drive. I`m trying to recover the data using testdisk 7.1. If there was nothing in it, I would be ok, but there are tons of important data in it.

Ossian

Surely you have backups?

Thiago.it
    Ossian;n516536 wrote:
    Surely you have backups?

Dont. If I had backups I would care at all.

Blood
    Blood

A friend tried Testdisk and found it wanting. They used http://www.eassos.com/eassos-recovery.php to get their data back. I have since recommended it to another friend who experienced the same problem and it got back nearly the entirety of their data.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.