"The server responded: 550 5.3.4 Requested" error with Outlook 2010 SP1

Home Forums Messaging Software Outlook "The server responded: 550 5.3.4 Requested" error with Outlook 2010 SP1

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar universal 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    balubeto

Hi

I set up an outlook.it account in Outlook 2010 SP1 64-bit to receive and to send E-Mail via POP3. Now, when I test this account, Outlook displays this SMTP error:

The server responded: 550 5.3.4 Requested

How come?

Thanks

Bye

Ossian

Re: "The server responded: 550 5.3.4 Requested" error with Outlook 2010 SP1

Unfortunately a :google: for this mainly gives the identical post you have made on various other boards, but the few things I can find suggest authentication.
    Can you post the full text of the error message or better still a screenshot, plus a screenshot of the account settings in outlook

universal

Re: "The server responded: 550 5.3.4 Requested" error with Outlook 2010 SP1

For some reason, Outlook only shows you part of the error message. The compete text is “550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken”, probably followed by a more detailed explanation.

5.3.4 is a general nondelivery error code that usually appears when an account has been blocked, or the message size exceeded the limits set on the mail server.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.