System Time 1 Hour Off

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 10 System Time 1 Hour Off

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kyuuketsuki 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Kyuuketsuki
    Participant

OK,

So, I just noticed something weird. I was editing some music files using a program called GoldWave and I noticed it was saving there with a time stamp 1 hour ahead of my current time. Unsure if it was an application thing, I opened MS Word and saved a test document to the same folder … which saved at the correct time but, as I was closing it I noticed that, although it did, the temporary file word creates whilst ma document is open, also had the 1-hour advanced time. To my mind this confirms that it is somehow a Windows system thing rather than application.

Any idea why this might be?

Thx

James

wullieb1
    Participant

Is your system time correct?

Ossian

And is the time ZONE correct, particularly the DST option?

Kyuuketsuki
    Participant

OK,

So, I’ve figured out the problem. It turns out I was saving to a network share, a NAS, that [guess what] had it’s own time settings. It was an hour ahead and resetting it to the same as the PC resolved the issue.

As such, I have to apologise … my only excuse is that it was 4 am and, unable to sleep, I’d gotten up so I was tired.

Sorry

James

Ossian

No apologies needed – well done for sorting it out (and have a well deserved :beer: on me)

Kyuuketsuki
    Participant
    Ossian;n518478 wrote:
    No apologies needed – well done for sorting it out (and have a well deserved :beer: on me)

Ta :)

James

biggles77
    Spectator
    James wrote:
    my only excuse is that it was 4 am and, unable to sleep,

Ah, so that’s why I slept well that night. Ian Somnia was off visiting you. :mrgreen:

Kyuuketsuki
    Participant
    biggles77;n518491 wrote:
    Ah, so that’s why I slept well that night. Ian Somnia was off visiting you. :mrgreen:

Seems so :)

James

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.