Suddenly Cannot login to Server 2012r2 DC as Administrator

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Suddenly Cannot login to Server 2012r2 DC as Administrator

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Blood Blood 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    edb

I am running Windows Server 2012R2 as a Virtual Machine within VMware vShphere 5.5 and using Veeam backup as well.
    Everything has been running fine for ever until now when all of a sudden I can no longer login to the server even as Domain administrator.
    I get an error saying “There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request”.

So, I went to my Veeam replicas and restored back to the day prior and the end result was the same … I still could not logon and same error.
    So I went back further in time a yet the same issue so I’m at a loss of what is causing this issue and how to fix it.
    Until this point I have had no issues and the server has been rebooted many times to install Windows updates, etc.

I can ping this server from a client PC.

Could this be a vmware issue with the NIC or something as to why AD and DNS are not starting?
    Any advise would be appreciated!
    Thanks

Blood
    Blood

Can you remotely access the event logs from another machine? Try to log on, then access the logs so the events are at or near the top of the list.

LSainsbury

Disconnect the virtual NIC, it’ll force a logon using the cached credentials…..reconnect NIC and start troubleshooting….

Ossian

If its a DC, will it ever use cached credentials?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.