Robert R.ParticipantJan 11, 2011 at 3:30 pm #152843
System: Windows Storage Server 2003 with Service Pack 2
Browser: Internet Explorer 7.0 (2 servers) and Internet Explorer 8.0 (1 server)
Problem: Microsoft Updates and Windows Updates does not work
From Internet Explorer, I cannot access http://update.microsoft.com/ nor http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate (see text of error message below), http://msn.com (re-directs to [URL]http:///[/URL] , with 3 slashes),
However, I can access Google, Yahoo, CNN etc. web pages, so it’s not a network problem.
There are no entries in the C:WINDOWSsystem32driversetchosts file.
In the Local Computer Policy (gpedit.msc)Computer ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesWindows ComponentsWindows Update , every option is “Not Configured”
Since the problem is limited to the three Storage Servers, it appears to be a Windows 2003 issue. The web page error message is misleading, so I’m at wit’s end trying to figure out why this is happening.Quote:Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Most likely causes:
• You are not connected to the Internet.
• The website is encountering problems.
• There might be a typing error in the address.
What you can try:
Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.
Retype the address.
Go back to the previous page.
This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
• Internet connectivity has been lost.
• The website is temporarily unavailable.
• The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
• The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website’s domain.
• If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.
For offline users
You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages. To view subscribed feeds
1. Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.
To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)
1. Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
2. Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.