SQL SERVER 2014 ENTERPRISE

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar kjsmithtx 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pope

We are purchasing the SQL server 2014 enterprise edition. My clarifications are as follows.

1. Isnt there a physical disc from microsoft that the supplier should give me?

2. Apart from the license email from microsoft what else should the supplier provide me with.

wullieb1
    pope;n491422 wrote:
    We are purchasing the SQL server 2014 enterprise edition. My clarifications are as follows.

2. Apart from the license email from microsoft what else should the supplier provide me with.

1. Probably not. I would imagine you would get an ISO file or access to Microsoft to get an ISO. We have a select agreement so have a portal we access where we can download the ISO files.

2. A receipt?? What is it your expecting from them? The licence file is all you require.

BTW I hope your purchasing SQL CALS for your users as well.

kjsmithtx
    pope;n491422 wrote:

Thanks.

SQL CALS? i imagine licensing is per core….correct me if I am wrong

wullieb1

From memory our CALS are on a per user basis. I.e. each user that will connect to the SQL server must have a CAL to do so.

I would however check with your provider to make sure you are licenced properly.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Licensing/product-licensing/client-access-license.aspx

http://blog.micromail.com/2013/07/01/beginners-guide-to-sql-server-licensing/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.