Some domain users allowed to install programs

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory Some domain users allowed to install programs

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  KrushR 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • kevinbb1978

Hello, new to the site. During a security review we have found that some domain users are allowed to install programs. Why would some domain users be able to install and others not? Not sure where to start to find a solution. Thanks

biggles77
    Spectator

Are they member of the Administrator group or worse, Domain Admins?

Ossian

Check user rights in group policy as well

Blood
    Blood

You could also ask them. It may be that they were testing software and the privilege was never rescinded. Or, they may actually need that right.

KrushR

Hey all. Thanks for the reply. The users that are able to install are not domain admins but rather domain users which is why I am confused. Others that I have tested are also just domain users and I get an error as seen below which is the way it should be. Not sure where to look to fix. Thanks

“The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation” and another message I have received during testing is “You must be logged in as an administrator when installing this program”

Ossian

Check Software Restriction Policies (and AppLocker too) in Group Policies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.