Single Sign-On Solution Without SAML Protocol

Home Forums Cloud Computing Other Cloud Services Single Sign-On Solution Without SAML Protocol

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  James202010 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Is there any way to implement Single Sign-On solution without SAML protocol?

Ossian

Perhaps if you give a few clues about the environment and what you are trying to achieve, you will get some better answers, but yes, there are alternatives to SAML. As previously suggested, refer to :google: (just copy and paste your question above), then post back with some more focussed questions once you have understood the information available.

James202010
    Ossian;n518239 wrote:
    Perhaps if you give a few clues about the environment and what you are trying to achieve, you will get some better answers, but yes, there are alternatives to SAML. As previously suggested, refer to :google: (just copy and paste your question above), then post back with some more focussed questions once you have understood the information available.

Plz tell me what type of question I ask on the site or delete my account as per your concern

James Haynes

you can try this link, it will explain what he was saying and provide you with more information so that you can ask a useful question after you understand the process. there are several alternatives to SAML, but before you choose one you need to understand the protocol and procedure for SSO.

http://bfy.tw/K0Bi

James202010
    James Haynes;n518275 wrote:
    you can try this link, it will explain what he was saying and provide you with more information so that you can ask a useful question after you understand the process. there are several alternatives to SAML, but before you choose one you need to understand the protocol and procedure for SSO.

http://bfy.tw/K0Bi

Hi Thanks for your help but I couldn’t get any relevant result on Google that’s why I post my question here.

Ossian

When I copied / pasted your original question into :google:, there were over a quarter of a million results. If NONE of them were relevant (which I cannot believe) the problem is not with the search engine but with the query (See Post #2)

I don’t normally do this but: https://www.google.com/search?q=Is+there+any+way+to+implement+Single+Sign-On+solution+without+SAML+protocol&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:IE-Address&ie=&oe=

James202010
    Ossian;n518305 wrote:
    When I copied / pasted your original question into :google:, there were over a quarter of a million results. If NONE of them were relevant (which I cannot believe) the problem is not with the search engine but with the query (See Post #2)

I don’t normally do this but: https://www.google.com/search?q=Is+there+any+way+to+implement+Single+Sign-On+solution+without+SAML+protocol&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:IE-Address&ie=&oe=

‘Depending on your use case, you might need to implement more than one SSO strategy. Two of the most common are SAML and OAuth (either version 1.0 or 2.0), though you might end up needing to implement other types of authorization flows as well. In general, cloud-based tools rely on SAML, while many social providers use OAuth 1.0/2.0. For example, you might need to integrate with Heroku, which uses the SAML 2.0 protocol, but the Google APIs support OAuth 2.0.’

According to you see post 2, but only Google APIs Support OAuth, if we want to implement our organization application then we have to integrate with SAML

So would you tell me how to implement SSO without SAML because some of my company application doesn’t compatible with SAML

James202010
    Ossian;n518305 wrote:

According to you see post 2, It said Google API based on OAuth, but my concern it if my company 10 application some of support SAML protocol and some of not support SAML protocol so how can we implement Single Sign On.

And for your kind information I am well known about Google search.

Ossian

Sigh….. as I said in Post #2, IF you tell us a bit about your environment AND what you are trying to achieve, THEN you may get some help.

Originally you asked if you can implement SSO without SAML – yes you can
    Now you say you have some applications which use SAML and others do not
    Also you bring the Google OAuth API into it – not sure where that fits in.

We are NOT psychic, so can only answer based on the information you give us. If you drip feed us limited information, how the heck do you expect any sort of reasonable answer?

As for your assertion about :google:, this, and your other posts, suggest a somewhat different answer.

Anyway, I’m out – see if anyone else is able (or willing) to help.

James202010
    Ossian;n518344 wrote:
    Sigh….. as I said in Post #2, IF you tell us a bit about your environment AND what you are trying to achieve, THEN you may get some help.

Originally you asked if you can implement SSO without SAML – yes you can
    Now you say you have some applications which use SAML and others do not
    Also you bring the Google OAuth API into it – not sure where that fits in.

We are NOT psychic, so can only answer based on the information you give us. If you drip feed us limited information, how the heck do you expect any sort of reasonable answer?

As for your assertion about :google:, this, and your other posts, suggest a somewhat different answer.

Anyway, I’m out – see if anyone else is able (or willing) to help.

OK, Thanks for your Reply

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.