Share Folder permission issue

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Share Folder permission issue

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar wullieb1 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vickynet
    Participant

Hi,

I have window server 2012 and i created share folder with ntfs permission. i gave read and write permission to all user in department wise and it was working but i dont know what happened suddenly it says access denied contact your admin while saving the changes but it has read write permission but why user not able to take that permission which is already assigned and am facing this issue frequently so kindly help me to get rid out this.

Thanks,

vignesh

Ossian

Look at the effective permissions for the user (under advanced security).    It should give you an idea of the issue

vickynet
    Participant

yes i did and gave all permission except delete but still i have the same problem

wullieb1

Are you using MS Office apps to save in these folders??

Pretty sure the best course of action if you are is to give users modify permissions as the Office apps typically create temp files in the folders that they run in and are required to delete them when they are done, i will have a link somewhere that i got this info as we had the same issues.

Here is something

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2589410/access-denied-error-message-when-you-save-a-workbook-to-a-unc-share-in

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for this Petri Webinar!

Software-Defined Unlimited Backup Storage

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT

A Scale-Out Backup storage infrastructure is a must-have technology for your backups. In this webinar, join expert Rick Vanover for a look on what real-world problems are solved by the Scale-Out Backup Repository.

Register Now

Sponsored By