Server 2019 Docs

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2019 Server 2019 Docs

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Dumber 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wullieb1
    biggles77
    Spectator

WOW, Server 2019 can launch space rockets, at least that’s what I assume (ass u me:-) from the linked to page.  But how different is it really from Server 2016?  Anything exceptional added?

wullieb1

I haven’t really delved into it yet, haven’t had the time really, but on the face of it very similar.

Wonder if this should have been the Server 2016 R2 release :) :) :)

Mary Jo Foley
    Mary Jo Foley

Here’s a starting point for comparing features across the different versions of Windows Server (in case it’s of use): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-platform/windows-server-comparison

Aidan Finn
    Participant

@biggles77 If you’re doing/considering Storage Spaces Direct or Containers on Windows, then there are big improvements. There are some migration and Azure/hybrid improvements too. Other than that, it’s small stuff. I think this is what you should expect from now on – improvements will be at the application layer because the OS and hypervisor are “good enough” now – in my opinion.

JeremyW
    JeremyW

Aidan, do you think Windows 2019 will make it easier to spec out and deploy S2D? Windows 2016 made the process difficult if one doesn’t go with the vendor prebuilt options, IMO.

Dumber
    Participant

To me, the focus on 2019 is more azure connected. It’s not a requirement but the possible integration seems to be easier…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.