Server 2016 DNS Policies

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services DNS Server 2016 DNS Policies

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Craig_Han 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Craig_Han

Hi,

We have 5 sites with one 2016 DNS Server (integrated via Active Directory) in each site (so 5 DNS servers in total) . We have a main primary zone “xyz.com” and there is approx 50 A records in it. I would like the A record “service.xyz.com” to resolve to a different IP address for each site. I have implemented a DNS policy at site 1 to test. The policy looks like this:

Add-DnsServerClientSubnet -Name “Site1_Subnet” -IPv4Subnet “192.168.1.0/24”
    Add-DnsServerZoneScope -ZoneName “xyz.com” -Name “Site1_Zone_Scope”
    Add-DnsServerResourceRecord -ZoneName “xyz.com” -A -Name “service” -IPv4Address “192.168.1.10” -ZoneScope “Site1_Zone_Scope”
    Add-DnsServerQueryResolutionPolicy -Name “Site1_Policy” -Action ALLOW -ClientSubnet “eq,Site1_Subnet” -ZoneScope “Site1_Zone_Scope,1” -ZoneName “xyz.com”

From a client PC on the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet pointing to the DNS server with the policy, “service.xyz.com” resolves to the local address 192.168.1.10, which is what i want.

BUT

The issue i have is the other 50 A records for the xyz.com zone do not resolve from that client PC. I know why, because the zone scope only has the one A record which i created….. but is there a way i can get the client to resolve the other xyz.com A records from the main zone which is AD integrated as well? I dont want to have to maintain 5 x local zone scopes for all A records in the original xyz.com.au domain.

Cheers

Craig

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.