Searching for clients that are using a proxy!

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory Searching for clients that are using a proxy!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar VWA4 10 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Couch

Hi,

I was just curious if there is an easy way to search if any clients on a Domain are using a proxy server? I know you can restrict this via group policy but this will cause a headache to start implementing this to 100’s of different clints in different departments, some need web acces some don’t etc…..:-(

Any practical advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

VWA4

Re: Searching for clients that are using a proxy!

Couch,

Without using GPO’s to force down proxy settings, I don’t believe there is going to be an easy way to discover which clients are and are not using a proxy other then using a script. Assuming all of these servers/clients are on your domain, if you can or find someone to write a script/batch file to check for the following registry key you could find which clients are configured:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings]
    “MigrateProxy”=dword:00000001
    “ProxyEnable”=dword:00000001
    “ProxyHttp1.1″=dword:00000000
    “ProxyServer”=”http://ProxyServername:80”
    “ProxyOverride”=””

-Jason

Silver23

Re: Searching for clients that are using a proxy!

Here’s my script for querying who’s used mcafee addin for outlook.

With minor adjustements you should be able to use my script.
    It’s really not that hard..

@echo off
    if not exist pc.txt (net view | find /i “\” >>pc.txt)

for /f %%i in (pc.txt) do echo %%i >>result.txt && reg query “%%iHKLMSOFTWAREMICROSOFTEXCHANGECLIENTEXTENSIONS” /F “Exchange Scan” |find /i “exchange ” >>result.txt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.