s is my windows 10 slow?

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 10 s is my windows 10 slow?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  benjaminb 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • claralogan

Windows 10 is very slow on my laptop. How do I power up the performance? Are there any useful hacks that can help me?

Ossian

The specs of the laptop would be useful, also some quantification of “how slow” it is.
    I would suggest the usual tools – PerfMon and ResMon to gather up some data.

If the speed has suddenly changed, what has been done to change it?
    Also what sort of workload is the laptop running?

Note to other posters. My spam-sense is tingling for this thread, so any new posters with some “miraculous” commercial product to solve the problem WILL be dealt with harshly…..

biggles77
    Spectator
    Quote:
    My spam-sense is tingling for this thread

Did you see the IP?

Ossian

Ah….
    …ok, lets get some popcorn and watch this develop!

biggles77
    Spectator

Excellent idea. [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:”none”,”data-size”:”small”,”data-attachmentid”:517459}[/ATTACH]

James Haynes

i would remove all your antivirus software and roll back all the updates till you are back at a base 10, then format the drive and reinstall windows 3.1..

i didnt get to see the IP.. what normally happens when things are posted from that IP?

Ossian

There are certain geographical ip ranges which have, from years of experience, come to be associated with spam.

Only issue with Win3.1 is support for USB

biggles77
    Spectator
    James Haynes wrote:
    i didnt get to see the IP

It’s an option only us angry old farts get to see. [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:”none”,”data-size”:”medium”,”data-attachmentid”:517477}[/ATTACH]

benjaminb

When did the issue start? From my experience, I had my paging file size too small and my PC kept on being slow despite the fact that both the RAM was 8GB and the apps installed were less. All you need to do is to uncheck the option Automatically manage paging file size for all drives. This should be done on drive C where you have installed the OS. Let me grab some popcorns.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.