Restore Files

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Anonymous 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    janetb

Two new “System Volume Information_restore….” files have appeared on my C drive, leaving me very little free space.

1. Do these files hae to be on C? I have two ext HD’s with lots of free space.

2. I can’t find them in Windows Explorer even though I have checked the box to view hidden files.

I have done thorough cleanups with several cleaners; the culprits for the recent loss of space are the new SVI files. Any suggestions on how to get my free space back (I usually have about 24% and now have 17% on a very small system).

Thanks!

Anonymous

Re: Restore Files

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=system+volume+information

:bowdown::google::bowdown:

Blood
    Blood

This link explains how to manage System Restore and also states that you must have it enabled on your system C: drive.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/system_restore.htm

janetb

Thanks Wofen….That gave me 43,300,000 links to choose from…:roll:
    I added “reclaim disk space” and it narrowed it down to a ‘only’ a few thousand…:lol:

The ones I read were not relevant. One was perfect, but it required commands which did not seem to work–I think it was for Vista whereas I am XP….I am not familiar with command lines at all….

In any case, everything went back to normal today..:-D ! I was concerned yesterday because two mammoth files (~150MB each) were not defragmentable–something which has never happened before….Today they were…..I’ll still have to see what else I can delete, as I am still at only 17% free space on a 10GB C:……

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for this Petri Webinar!

Want to Make Your Backup Storage Unlimited & Ready for the Cloud? – Free Thurrott Premium Account with Webinar Registration!

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT

A Scale-Out Backup storage infrastructure is a must-have technology for your backups. In this webinar, join expert Rick Vanover for a look on what real-world problems are solved by the Scale-Out Backup Repository.

Register Now

Sponsored By