reset admin password

Home Forums Security General Security reset admin password

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar jaumejaume 15 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jaumejaume

I was wandering thru the site about it, but something I havent read is include as policy on domain an user with admin rights aslocal user thru the policis

is this correct?

danielp
    Participant

Please try to write in English, we cannot understand your language. Thanks.

jaumejaume

Daniel, thank you for your kindly words.

Although, the question remains, (oops thats the currect tense of the verbe?)

Is possible through the domain policy to include a local admin user on a machine?

Thanks

Ossian

I believe you can control membership of local groups through a GPO but I do not know whether or not that automatically adds members or just removes non-authorised members when the GP is applied

Tom

jaumejaume

Awfully just do it, removes but not include, and it makes me wonder, because the logical path is to have full rights over the domain, I’ll kepp trying
    Thnaks TOM

danielp
    Participant

Yes, you can add domain users to local groups such as the local administrators.

jaumejaume

Daniel, yes, you could do that, after you logged as administrator, I do not why, but in the middle of the issue the server was with his administrator (renamed) blocked….

but, we recovered another user/password buried somewhere , as always happen……

After that, yes, you could include, but on the server looking to the domain, not the from the domain, if it were possible, there is no need for any mess, you only need to include on the domain as local policy for the equipment and that is enough, and I tried it,both sides, maybe i made something wrong, but I do not think so

But, I appreciate the help and the guidance from your site, my main area of expertise is communications, not servers, but i’ll keep reading and if i could help somebody with something i’ll be glad,

cheers and thanks

danielp
    Participant

What OS and what SP are you talking about? W2K with SP1 or no SP at all had some problems with the restricted groups feature is GPO.

jaumejaume

Daniel, W2K and SP4 patched updated. Really, if it were possible, you could override local security with domain security, this makes sense to me, but i tested it and doesnt work, maybe I made something wrong, dont know.
    Nevertheless, as soon I have time I make a workbench test with the following configuration

server logged with an user without rights, as member server of a domain
    in the AD domain server a policy to include users on the member servers, and this users are domain admin users, so , if everything propagates downside, they must be local admin of the member server? this is the end question, if the answer is yes, I made something wrong somewhere, if not, something could not be done, dont know again

the only way that i included through GPO domain admins to the local admins groups was ake out of domain the server and afer that getting into to the domain, but, to do it you need the local admin, and i made it after I recovered the user/password

but, as always, put the user admin on the vault, and repeat this as a mantra 100 times

again, thanks for your time and help, to you maintaing this site and the people who reads this, and unfortunately, my native tongue is not french, it it were so, surely I’ll be gad to help translating the site.

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for this Petri Webinar!

Want to Make Your Backup Storage Unlimited & Ready for the Cloud? – Free Thurrott Premium Account with Webinar Registration!

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT

A Scale-Out Backup storage infrastructure is a must-have technology for your backups. In this webinar, join expert Rick Vanover for a look on what real-world problems are solved by the Scale-Out Backup Repository.

Register Now

Sponsored By