Replication Between two sites

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory Replication Between two sites

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jerminator

Hi all, excuse my possible terminology mishaps but I’ve stepped in to help the IT department until they can replace the person that left. Unfortunately the company I work for moves… slow as heck in hiring people…. :cry: so I think I may be here for a bit….

I have about 10 or so dc’s connected via a satellite connection to our main dc’s. All my sites are working great except for one beast.

We will call our office DC ( DC_O ) and our remote DC ( DC_R )

I run replmon on the remote DC ( DC_R ) and can see that it’s happily replicating with the main office DC ( DC_O ). I can right click on the DC_O and click ‘Synchronize with Replication Partner’. That works great!

I run replmon on the main office DC_O. I have a nice red X by my remote site. I can’t seem to ‘Synchronize with Replication Partner’. The error message I get is: The source domain controller is not reachable by active directory replication monitor. This may be a result of a network problem.
    – I don’t see how this can be a network problem as I am ‘RDP’d’ into the box from my main office…

When I run repadmin /showrepl I get:
    showrepl_Error LDAP error 85 (timeout) Win32 Error 1053.

Any ideas or suggestions – i greatly appreciate it…. :beer:

Thanks,
    jer

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.