Removal of mainpage indicator

Home Forums Other Microsoft Servers and SaaS SharePoint Removal of mainpage indicator

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Aiden 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • siank73

hi,

i’m using sharepoint 2007, wss 3.0 and on our main page i have a rectangle box going from right to left with some sales figures inside

how do i go about removing this rectangle box

regards
    si

Ossian

Edit the page and remove the web part?

Aiden

when I edit the page, the rectangle is still scrolling, but cannot see a way to remove it

is this a data source linked to db somehow

Ossian

It is not a standard component of the 2007 home page, so best to ask your SharePoint administrator about it

Aiden

i don’t have a sharepoint admin, hence me going onto fourm to find solution

Ossian

The problem is that someone has customised the page from the standard one, therefore there is no way someone who is not familiar with your SharePoint environment can tell you exactly what to do to remove it. I am assuming it is a web part, which should be removable by editing the page then deleting the web part. It is possible it is added in some other way, in which case a different edit would be needed.

Aiden

i think your right it has been customised away from the standard one, when i click on edit page for web part, i see an edit button, when i select this i get delete, modify shared web part and export, if i select delete this will remove everything that is inside the main rectangle on the intranet page which i don’t want, must be a link to the one i want to remove somewhere

Ossian

Pass – you are going to need to get someone who knows SharePoint to look at your actual page – the code not just a screenshot

Do you know who built the site originally?

Aiden

the company does not exist anymore, thx anyways

Dext

Have you tried connectingopening the site in SharePoint designer to see if there’s an obvious way?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.