Recreate a profile

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar pcunite 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chrisl

How do I recreate a corrupt profile for an XP user on a domain?

biggles77
    Spectator

Re: Recreate a profile

Does this help? http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=recreate+a+corrupt+profile+for+an+XP+

pcunite

If you’re referring to the Windows profile …

Log in as admin, right click on My Computer, choose Properties, Advanced Tab, User profiles/ settings, then delete it.

cruachan
    Participant

My preference is normally to login as an admin to the local PC, remain the profile folder in C:Documents and Settings to %username%.old and then let them login and create a new profile. Then you can copy any documents, favourites etc across to the new profile.

Most users (IME) moan constantly if they lose everything that was in a profile, and I’m all for the quiet life. :wink:

L4ndy

chrisl;250398 wrote:
    How do I recreate a corrupt profile for an XP user on a domain?

It all depends what type of profile we are talking about.
    If a local profile then renaming the profile folder should suffice.
    If it is a Roaming one, you’ll have to do the same steps on the profile folder on the server side and recreate the folder. Check Biggles’ link for a more detailed procedure.

wullieb1

cruachan;251533 wrote:
    My preference is normally to login as an admin to the local PC, remain the profile folder in C:Documents and Settings to %username%.old and then let them login and create a new profile. Then you can copy any documents, favourites etc across to the new profile.

Most users (IME) moan constantly if they lose everything that was in a profile, and I’m all for the quiet life. :wink:

How true.

IMHO this is the easiest way to do it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.