Recovering using wbadmin

Home Forums Virtualization Microsoft Hyper-V Technology Recovering using wbadmin

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar g7rpo 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    g7rpo

HI I am using wbadmin to perform backups of a specific folder, primarily to backup my VHD files

this is working fine but I tried to recover the files today using a different machine to the one which created the backup and couldnt get the machine doing the recovery to ‘see’ the backups.

Is there a way to do this as my worry is that if I have a failure on the host which is perfmorming the backups I need to be able to install hyper-v on another host and recover the backed up VMs to there until I can rebuild the host.

It appears that this isnt possible, I am hoping I am missing something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

danielp
    Participant

Re: Recovering using wbadmin

Can you please tell us exactly what you’ve done?

g7rpo

I use the following to create the backups to a remote share.

wbadmin start backup -backupTarget:\destination-serverHyper-VHyperv_backups -include:Z: -VSSfull -quiet

The backups work but as I said if I try to recover to another machine rather than the one that ran the command then the backups are not seen, only the machine that ran the backup command seems to be able to recover.

Which is a worry if the host machine goes kaput.

Incidentally z: is the drive with the VMs on

danielp
    Participant

How about using the

Wbadmin restore catalog [/CODE]

parameter?

[url]http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/cc742142%28WS.10%29.aspx[/url][CODE]Wbadmin restore catalog [/CODE]

parameter?

http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/cc742142%28WS.10%29.aspx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.